Released: March 29, 2022
Did you know tomatoes produce a natural insecticide that can help protect carrots against pests? Or that planting mint near lettuce can repel slugs? Every gardener knows that the key to an abundant harvest in their vegetable garden is controlling pests and disease, while still maintaining a healthy growing environment. But it is possible to have a healthy, thriving vegetable garden without using dangerous chemicals? It is, as long as you know how to pair up the right plants. Organic gardeners have known for years that planting the right plants together is the key to minimizing pests, improving soil quality, and increasing the yield of their gardens, and almost any vegetable you can grow likely has a beneficial companion. Companion planting is the ideal way to avoid using chemicals, while still increasing the efficiency of your garden.
Expert organic gardener Brian Lowell will teach you how to use plants to create a beautiful, vibrant vegetable garden that will be free of toxic chemicals.
Here’s what you’ll find inside:
• Handy companion planting pairings for all of the most common garden vegetables
• Practical, simple photography and colorful illustrations for dozens of beneficial planting configurations
• Expert advice from a master gardener that is specifically designed for beginners
• Loads of troubleshooting tips for fixing common issues with companion-planted gardens
• Tips for setting up the perfect vegetable garden, including practical advice on watering, soil management, troubleshooting, and more!