Put off by the origin-unknown, not-so-fresh, pesticide-laden offerings at the grocery store? Hungry for delicious high-quality veg and fragrant herbs, and looking to have some control over where your food comes from but never planted a seed in your life?
Foodie meets gardener in this deliciously accessible, easy-to-use guide to growing, cooking, and preserving twenty-some popular, easy-to-grow vegetables and herbs. Taking the budding gardener from planting, growing and harvesting, to preparation of delicious, nutritious, and affordable meals, this book is a celebration of food in all its stages.
The Food Lover's Garden guides the reader through:
- Getting started with easy step-by-step growing instructions from balcony to backyard
- Simple, tasty recipes incorporating each vegetable and herb
- Meal combinations of two or more of the featured dishes
- Selecting essential kitchen tools and gadgets to maximize the harvest
- Canning and pickling recipes to preserve the rest.
Truly food for all seasons and palates.
More in this topic
More by this author