Publisher: Out of Order Games
Binding: Board Game
Released: November 13, 2018
All Power to the Blocs! Bloc by Bloc: The Insurrection Game is a semi-cooperative tabletop game inspired by 21st century protest movements, riots and popular uprisings.
Gameplay Overview: Each player controls a faction of revolutionaries—Workers, Students, Neighbors, or Prisoners—fighting against the State in the streets of a city that change with each game. Build barricades, clash with riot cops, occupy districts, loot shopping centers, and liberate the city before time runs out and the military arrives! Bloc by Bloc features hidden agendas, deep strategy, area control, asymmetrical player abilities, and a special method for randomly generating billions of unique city layouts. Bloc by Bloc can also be played in fully cooperative mode!
WHAT’S NEW IN THE SECOND EDITION?
- Elevated semi-cooperative experience: A brand new agenda deck combined with new endgame rules vastly improves Bloc by Bloc’s semi-cooperative mode, making it the preferred way to play. Fully cooperative mode is improved in the 2nd edition as well.
- New objectives for the insurrection: The insurrection of the 2nd edition is less directed at seizing the state and more about spreading the insurrection to the entire city. Unless your faction has a vanguardist agenda…
- Awesome 2 player mode: Bloc by Bloc 2nd edition features a highly improved two player experience with each player playing as one faction in fully cooperative mode.
- Streamlined Occupations & Special Abilities: The types of occupations available to the Workers, Students, Neighbors and Prisoners have been overhauled. In addition, each faction now has a unique special ability they can utilize at any time.
- Dynamic Police Morale: Police Morale rises more rapidly but is now lowered each time riot cops or riot vans are defeated in clashes.
- Dynamic Countdown: Player decisions now affect the speed of the countdown marking the number of nights before the military arrives to crush the insurrection.
- Updated Deck Mechanics: The Police Ops and Manifestation decks have both been streamlined with improved mechanics and design.
- Variable difficulty level: Easily modify the difficulty of the game with one simple setup step.
Time: 120 minutes
PLEASE NOTE: Because of the size and shape of this item, international orders will be subject to increased shipping costs. Instead of the shipping cost listed at checkout, shipping for this item will cost $38 to Canada and $48 to the rest of the world. Standard shipping charges still apply to orders shipping within the US.