"We rely on AK Press Distribution to be the someone who will say what has to be said."—Margarita Shalina, St. Marks Bookshop, NYC
We are always seeking exciting new material to distribute. Our goal is to make available radical books and other materials that are published by independent presses, not the corporate giants, with which you can make a positive change in the world. All decision making, including which titles we distribute, is made collectively.
Distribution channels we service include: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Last Gasp, Baker and Taylor, Ingram, Midwest Library Service, Microcosm Distribution, Jura Distribution (Australia), College bookstores for text orders, and any and all independent bookstores, record stores, specialty retail customers, and individuals worldwide.
If you would like to be distributed by AK Press please send a sample of your publication(s) to:
674-A 23rd Street
Oakland, CA 94612
Samples will not be returned.
When submitting materials please note the following:
- If you have multiple titles, please send a catalog. If you do not have a catalog, please attach a separate sheet with a complete list of published & forthcoming titles.
- Include suggested list price in US dollars.
- Include biographical information on your authors and other relevant data.
- Please include any bookstores/distributors who already carry your titles.
- And most importantly, your contact information:
NAME OF PUBLISHER
Although we would like to be able to respond to everyone, our limited time and resources don’t allow for this. We try our best to review submissions soon after they are received and will contact you for further information only if we are interested. Please allow several weeks for a response.
If you are an author and would like to discuss publishing options with AK Press, or if you are a publisher or foreign rights agent and would like to discuss a possible new edition of an existing work as an AK Press publishing project, please visit our Publishing Submissions page!